Our History

Welcome to Our Office

  • Robert E. (Bob) Van Vleet established the Van Vleet Real Estate Company in 1955. Bob opened a small, two-room office on the corner of Francis Lane and Siskiyou Blvd. in Ashland, now part of Southern Oregon University campus.
  • Louise Myers joined Van Vleet as a salesperson in 1957 and Leo Zupan joined the firm as a salesperson in 1960. The company changed to a corporation and retained the Van Vleet name. In 1964, Van Vleet purchased a lot at the corner of Third Street & Lithia Way, Ashland and built a single story brick building. A second story was added to this building and the Ashland Van Vleet office remains there still. In 1972, John Zupan graduated from college and joined the firm as a sales person. In 1975, Bob and Lou retired and sold their corporation stock to Leo and John. In 1978, Van Vleet expanded again and built a large new brick building at 510 Crater Lake Ave, Medford.
  • In 1992, after outgrowing the Crater Lake Ave building, a new Medford office was built at our present location of 1117 E. Jackson Street.
  • Van Vleet has been an active member of the Oregon Association of Realtors, and was a charter member of the Ashland Multiple Listing Service. We were a leader in merging the Ashland Multiple Listing Service and the Medford Multiple Listing Service into a computerized Jackson County Multiple Listing Service to better serve the community.
  • We grew to become the largest independent real estate firm in Jackson County. In 1993, we looked into the future and saw how marketing real estate was changing; so to better serve the needs of our clients and customers, we joined teams with Windermere, the largest real estate firm in the Northwest.
  • In 2006, after graduating from San Diego State, Devin Zupan joined the firm. With the third generation of family involvement, you can count on the continuation of our service and values.
  • In 2012 as the country was coming out of the worst recession in years, Van Vleet was again on the move. We merged with Windermere Investors Marketplace, absorbing their Medford office into our Medford office and forming a partnership in their Jacksonville office giving us a presence in three corners of the county.
  • Late in 2015 Devin met with Jeff Johnson, owner of Windermere Rogue Valley Real Estate in Eagle Point. They worked out an agreement to merge Rogue Valley Real Estate into Van Vleet giving us locations in all 4 corners of the Valley to better serve our customers.
  • Van Vleet & Associates, Inc. has been a very progressive office over the past 30 plus years. We have come a long way from a 2-man office in 1955 to our present position with a staff of more than 8 people and over 90 agents in 4 locations to serve you.
Get the most up-to-date information by subscribing to Neighborhood News! Click Here